Ice Hockey Victoria are looking to form a Referee Officiating Board to administer, schedule, recruit and train officials. This board will report to the IHV Executive through the IHV Referee in Chief. Ideally, the IHV would like the board to consist of 3 or 4 people, including the RIC. IHV’s current RIC, Daryl Hamilton, has indicated that he intends to step down from his role between now and the next IHV AGM. We anticipate that one of the board members will take over as RIC. Daryl has committed to working with his appointed successor to ensure an orderly transition.
While IHV anticipate the majority of the board will consist of current or past officials, other interested parties are willing to express interest. Clearly some of the work required is of a nature that experience as an official is not a pre-requisite.
IHV ask that any parties interested in joining this board, and/or consideration for the IHV RIC role, email their expression of interest with a brief profile to Maureen Black at ordinarymember1@IHV.org.au by 3 July 2017.
Due to an equipment failure all games at Olympic Ice Skating Centre planned for today (7/5/2017) have been cancelled. We will look into reschedule these games as soon as we can. At the moment this does not affect any games due to be played in the future.
New Role – Manager – Goaltender Development
IHA requires a highly motivated and organised individual to oversee and coordinate the goaltender specific components of the IHA Player Development Program. This position will report to the IHA Player Development Director and will also require communication and a strong working relationship with the IHA Coaching Director, High Performance Director and Women’s Director. This position will require excellent knowledge of the goaltending position with high level playing and/or coaching experience considered an asset. In addition, excellent skills in communication, organisation and management will be required. As with all of our directors, this is a volunteer role.
The specific duties include:
1. Implementation of a National Goaltender Development Program that aligns with the IHA National Player Development Framework and the IHA High Performance Program.
2. Assist the National Coaching Director with the implementation of a goaltender specific coaching program as well as improvements or additions to the overall National Coaching Program with respect to goaltending
3. Work with relevant IHA directors to establish a goaltender talent identification program
4. Ensure each member State has a suitably qualified goaltending coach to implement programs locally.
5. Work with member States to ensure local goaltender programs align with IHA objectives and meet world standards.
6. Advise IHA, member States, and goaltending coaches of new strategies and developments with respect to goaltending.
7. Serve as convenor and chair of the National Goaltender Coaching Council.
All applications are to be emailed to the General Secretary, Ice Hockey Australia – email@example.com no later than May 5, 2017
Congratulations to the following coaches on their selection as coaches for the Victorian state teams to compete in upcoming national championships.
These coaches will announce their try-out process and training sessions in the coming days.
Ginsberg 13 and Under (Born in 2004 or later)
Defris 15 and Under (Born in 2002 or later)
Tange 18 and Under (Born in 1999 or later)