Due to an equipment failure all games at Olympic Ice Skating Centre planned for today (7/5/2017) have been cancelled. We will look into reschedule these games as soon as we can. At the moment this does not affect any games due to be played in the future.
New Role – Manager – Goaltender Development
IHA requires a highly motivated and organised individual to oversee and coordinate the goaltender specific components of the IHA Player Development Program. This position will report to the IHA Player Development Director and will also require communication and a strong working relationship with the IHA Coaching Director, High Performance Director and Women’s Director. This position will require excellent knowledge of the goaltending position with high level playing and/or coaching experience considered an asset. In addition, excellent skills in communication, organisation and management will be required. As with all of our directors, this is a volunteer role.
The specific duties include:
1. Implementation of a National Goaltender Development Program that aligns with the IHA National Player Development Framework and the IHA High Performance Program.
2. Assist the National Coaching Director with the implementation of a goaltender specific coaching program as well as improvements or additions to the overall National Coaching Program with respect to goaltending
3. Work with relevant IHA directors to establish a goaltender talent identification program
4. Ensure each member State has a suitably qualified goaltending coach to implement programs locally.
5. Work with member States to ensure local goaltender programs align with IHA objectives and meet world standards.
6. Advise IHA, member States, and goaltending coaches of new strategies and developments with respect to goaltending.
7. Serve as convenor and chair of the National Goaltender Coaching Council.
All applications are to be emailed to the General Secretary, Ice Hockey Australia – firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 5, 2017
Congratulations to the following coaches on their selection as coaches for the Victorian state teams to compete in upcoming national championships.
These coaches will announce their try-out process and training sessions in the coming days.
Ginsberg 13 and Under (Born in 2004 or later)
Defris 15 and Under (Born in 2002 or later)
Tange 18 and Under (Born in 1999 or later)
Winter/12 month registrations are NOW AVAILABLE.
Register at http://bit.ly/IHVRegistration
Registrations are required to participate and be insured at all IHV events, including the draft skate. For seniors, there are two options:
Senior Winter Player Registration – for players planning to participate in the Winter competition
Senior Summer 12 month Registration – for players participating in Summer competition but prefer to pay for the full 12 months to allow them to skate in their club’s winter events outside the Summer competition.
There are also junior, coaching, managing, official and volunteer registrations available.
The 2017 Winter Draft Survey is now OPEN. If you plan to enter the 2017 winter draft this survey is compulsory to complete. This survey is used to give the clubs information about yourself and your hockey skills and abilities prior to the draft skate.
The draft survey can be found at http://bit.ly/2017WinterDraft
A reminder that the draft skate night itself will be held on the 21st of March at 8PM and 9.15PM. You will be allocated in to one of the 2 sessions and contacted with your time using the information in the survey.
Any inquiries about the draft or winter season can be sent to email@example.com